5 ingredient Turkey Burgers 🙂
I purchased the "Simply Truth" brand of pre-portioned turkey burgers because they were on sale and cheaper than ground turkey, but normally I buy ground turkey and form it into patties. Be sure that the brand you buy does not have added ingredients such as corn syrup, etc. Be leery of brands such as "Jenni-o" and others as they tend to sneak things in that you wouldn't anticipate being added to your meat. Always check your labels, and if there's something you can't pronounce or anything with corn syrup, sugar, etc, skip it. It's worth the extra $1-2 bucks for good quality meat.
Prep time: 0-5 minutes
Cool time: 10 minutes
- 1-1.5lbs Pre-portioned turkey burgers or ground turkey
- Garlic Powder
- Sea Salt
- Ground Pepper
- Place turkey patties in a large pan on medium heat. Season with garlic powder, sea salt and pepper.
- Cook about 5-7 minutes, then flip.
- Season other side and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- A few minutes before the burgers are done, drizzle one side with honey and immediately flip them. Repeat this step on the other side, not leaving the honey side down more than 1 minute as it will burn quickly.
Serve with your favorite veggie (I made a pesto/kale salad that is divine and even kale haters love it). We usually serve these with homemade sweet potato fries, however we were munching before dinner, so we were really only hungry for the burgers and salad!
As always, we hope you enjoy this recipe. Let us know if you give it a try 🙂