Fry Sauce Burgers with Caramelized Onions
Growing up, I was never a fan of burgers. I was the girl ordering copious amounts of ranch with my chicken fingers, the more sides of ranch the better 🙂 Since then I've given up my childhood favorite.
These Fry Sauce Burgers with Caramelized Onions though, what's not to like? With the sweetness of the honey and caramelized onion it's the ideal combination of sweet and savory.
- 1-1.5 lb beef, bison or turkey (I used beef)
- 1 medium sweet onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup Chopped spinach
- 1 egg
- 2-3 tbsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp sea Salt
- 2 large sweet potatoes (Feeds 2-3)
- 3 tbs coconut oil or avocado oil
- Sea salt
- Baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- 2 Tbsp Sir Kensington's or Just Mayo
- 4-6 Tbsp Sir Kensington's Ketchup
- Use "this" recipe to make your Sweet Potato Fries first. Let them bake in the oven while you cook your burgers.
- In a sauce pan on medium-low heat, pour your coconut oil and a tad of salt in with your onions. Cook about 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Set aside when done.
- When onions are near done, place remaining ingredients in a bowl: meat, chopped spinach, egg, honey, garlic, pepper, garlic powder and sea salt. Mix well with your hands.
- Form 4-6 patties. In a large sauce pan on medium heat, add a tad of coconut oil or ghee to the pan. Wait to add burgers until the pan is hot. Cook for about 6 or so minutes on each side, however I recommend you check them regularly.
- Prepare your sauce by adding both ingredients in to a small bowl and mixing well.
- Arrange your Fry Sauce Burgers with Caramelized Onions with a dollop of fry sauce and sautéed onions on top. Serve with Sweet Potato Fries and if you're like me, more sauce for fry dippin'