Tropical Green Smoothie - RetiFit Kitchen
Lately I've been on a total smoothie kick. Blame it on the cold weather here in Colorado, but I'd rather eat copious amounts of bread and crackers than leafy greens, just sayin’. Enter green smoothies to the rescue! In 5 minutes, I can have a veggie packed meal, you can't beat that! I like to pair this with a protein and call it breakfast, lunch or dinner 🙂 We're not strict around here, so call it whatever you like!
- 8 oz coconut water
- 2-3 large handfuls of spinach
- 1-2 tsp fresh ginger
- 1/2 lime squeezed
- 1/3 cup frozen organic pineapple
- 1/3 cup frozen mango
- 3/4 frozen banana
- Place ingredients in to the blender, making sure to begin with the liquid. If using a Vitamix, blend on high for 30 seconds to a minute. For other blenders, you may need to blend it longer
- Pour into a glass and drink immediately
- You can store it in the fridge for up to one day. Make sure to re-blend for optimal consistency.