In today's episode, I'm talking all about my own personal experience with breakups (specifically my divorce 8 years ago) and how I coped with it.
A dear friend who just broke off her engagement recently reached out to me asking, "how was that journey after your divorce? What did that look like? Feel like? How did you handle it?"
In today's episode, I let you know, unfiltered, the highs and the lows of what I went through and how that journey of what I refer to as my 'beautiful disaster' brought me to one of the most joyous places in my life.
Lastly, this weekend is the very first 'Activate A Life You Love' event here in Boulder, Co. If you are interested in attending this incredible conversation and learn more about the event, head here for more details!
- Spend time with loved ones
- Soak up time with friends of the same sex
- Go on a deep dive of self discovery
- Books: Brene Brown, Building an Affair Proof Marriage, The 5 Love Languages
- Take time to go after your dreams. You have little obligation and responsibility right now
- Do all the things you love. Activities, etc and I believe you will find your person on THAT path
- Putting out the right energy. If you are walking around saying this is going to be hard, then it will be
- Find someone to talk to, relish in your feelings and don't sweep them under the rug
- Make a list (like a kid on christmas) of all the things you desire in your ideal partner. Does this mean they will have everything? Maybe not, but often we don't even take the time to ask ourselves what it is we truly want.
- Then write a list of all the things you absolutely do not want want them to be like.
- Now write to yourself, who do YOU need to be to allow that person to show up. You can't attract the person you desire if you aren't being true to yourself
- Brene Brown- The gift of imperfection, daring greatly and rising strong
- Building An Affair Proof Marriage
- The 5 Love Languages